Friday, February 5, 2010

One Month Old!



It's so hard to believe our little man is already a month old! It feels like time is flying by. We went for Brody's one month doctor appointment and all is well. He's 100% healthy and growing by leaps and bounds! He's up to 22.5" long and 10lbs 8oz. He's grown an inch and a half and gained 2lbs 4oz since birth. It's amazing that I'm already having to pack away a lot of his newborn clothes...some of his 0-3 month clothes are getting a little snug too!

Keith and I are so grateful to have such a laid back little man. Since nearly his first week home, Brody has been on a great sleeping schedule. He'll have his last feeding around 9-10pm, fall asleep by 11pm and then wake around 2-3am for a feeding. He'll be up again around 6-7am, depending on when his middle of the night feeding was. Since I'm still on maternity leave I do the middle of the night feedings during the week and Keith handles them on the weekend. Either way, I'm not going to complain about getting 4 hour blocks of sleep with a newborn! I know it could be much, much worse.

Brody is starting to have longer awake periods and I'm loving it. We've seen a few glimpses of a smile, but we're still waiting for the real thing. He's cooing a lot more and "talking" to the toys on the mobile on his bouncy seat. He loves his tummy-time mat too...he'll lay there kicking his legs and trying to push himself up with his arms. He has great head control for a 5 week old baby. So strong! :)

While it definitely has its challenging moments, we're loving parenthood. There's nothing better then a good cuddle with our little man, giving him kisses knowing nobody loves him more than we do. We're excited about what the future holds for our family.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. He's so sweet! I'm so happy for you guys!

    You, Joy, and Misha all pregnant or parents, and me, Tricia and Nicole all just waiting around for our turn! I'm so excited that our little group is growing...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! I can't believe he's a month old already! I'm glad he's so good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brody is so stinkin cute and I love him. That is all. :)

    ReplyDelete