Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm running a (gulp) 5k?!

So, since I've joined the 20/20 challenge, I was placed in a buddy group with 4 other amazing women (Hi Misha, Joy, Nicole and Anna!!!) We're calling ourselves "Becoming Hot Mama's" because we all have the same common goal of wanting to be a healthy weight and living a healthy lifestyle before TTC.

We all decided to start the C25K program....and we're all going to be running 5k's in our respective hometowns this spring!

I'm not a runner. I never have been, not even when I was active and in-shape in my high school years. Sure, I'd run the 1-mile "warm-up" before cheerleading practice with no problem, but I never enjoyed it. And here I am, with a TON of weight to lose and I'm committing to run a 5k in a few months....am I nuts?!

I think I'm nuts, but I've gotta do it. The girls in our buddy group are super supportive and way motivational. Now, I just need to find a local 5k! The only two I've found are either 1) while I'm on my cruise or 2) not until July 27th! I don't want to wait that long, but I'll run that one if I have to. It's at our local zoo, so that might make for some fun scenery!

Now it's time to lace up my running shoes, grab the dog's leash and hit the pavement!

2 comments:

  1. Heck yeah, you're running a 5k!!! Girl, I'm the biggest one of the group...I've got farther to go than all y'all. I'm doing it, and you are too! We may not finish in 20 minutes, we may not finish in an hour...but we're finishing it! I promise you!

    Team BHM Rockstars for life! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got this! No problem!! And we're all here to support you. Good luck! We're rooting for ya!

    ReplyDelete