Friday, April 3, 2009

C25K workouts -- FAIL.

Yep, I've done one C25k workout in two weeks. Fail.

Ugh. I've got to get over whatever funk I'm in. I took Harley for loooong walk yesterday and it felt great. We did just under 2 miles and my body feels it today. Our road is a lot more hilly than I remember.
I haven't signed up for it yet, but I'm aiming to run in the Cheetah Chase 5k at our local zoo in late July.

I've got to do this...my BHM girls are counting on me! But I'm losing motivation in a serious way...it just sucks because this lack of motivation and feeling of disappointment in myself is so familiar...and I'm so tired of it.

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya girl. The first week of training was SO hard. I ended up just quitting one day after 10 minutes. But...I've told EVERYBODY that I'm doing the 5k the day before my birthday. It's the only way I know I will stick with it. I wont let myself embarrass myself ... does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't say you've failed at all. Doing a 5K is a big commitment and it takes a lot of work. You did about 2 miles the other day and that's great! Just encourage yourself each time to do a little more. Do it 3 times a week to start and just start by walking. There's no shame in that. You can do it, girl! Believe in yourself!

    I follow a blog and her theme today was "How bad do you want it?" When I did my 5K practice, that's what I kept asking myself the whole way through. Just when I thought I was too tired to jog, I asked myself that and I thought how great it would be to look this summer with a smaller body. Keep working on it and when you start seeing results, you will really have the motivation!

    ReplyDelete