Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hello Mr. President

Out with the old and in with the new! (Finally.)

Today our nation welcomed President Obama into his new role. While I did vote for McCain (and I still support that), I will be the first to say that I will support our new President and I have faith that he can lead our country to a better time. I don't think that having a half African-American President (because c'mon folks, he IS half white too) will solve our nation's racism problems, nor do I think it'll open up doors that haven't already been open. The doors haven't been closed -- people, both black and white, just need to learn how to push them open.

With that said, I admire Obama for strength of his character and the visions he has for our wonderful nation. While I know nothing will be solved overnight, it is my hope that we'll see some progress during his 4 year administration. And who knows, if the progress is enough, maybe we'll have Obama around for an additional 4 years?

No comments:

Post a Comment