Thursday, January 22, 2009

Potato-Wrapped Salmon (yum!)

I tried a new WW recipe last night, and I must say, it was quite yummy. It even got rave reviews from the husband, which doesn't happen too often with my cooking! :) It was a bit labor intensive (in my opinion, since I don't really cook much) but the end result was well worth it. I made some of my own changes, but it worked out pretty nicely.

Potato Wrapped Salmon (4 WW points per serving)

1 lb Salmon, cut into 4 filets
2 potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly, lengthwise
4 Tbs Dijon mustard
2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
2 Tbs melted butter (or margarine)
1/4 Tsp table salt

Coat the potatoes with the lemon juice and salt in a colander. Set aside until the potatoes are soft, about 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, spray a square sheet of wax paper with cooking spray (preferably butter flavored). Create a "rectangle" of the potato slices by overlapping the edges. Spray the potatoes w/ cooking spray. Place one salmon filet lengthwise on top of the potato rectangle. Brush with 1 Tbs of mustard. Lift the left edge of the wax paper so that the potatoes are wrapped around the left edge of the salmon filet. Press the potatoes onto the salmon if they won't stay. Repeat with the right side. Place 2 potato strips on top of the salmon filet to hold the other potato edges in place. Brush with melted butter. Repeat with the remaining fillets, place on a cooking sheet (sprayed with cooking spray) and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are set. Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven to 325*.

Once the potatoes are set, remove the plastic wrap and place the cooking sheet w/ the salmon fillets in the oven. Cook for 20 minutes. Turn the broil on and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown.

**Instead of wrapping the entire salmon filet with the potato, I just placed the slices on the top of the salmon. This way I could remove the salmon skin after cooking. I also sprinkled a little salt and pepper on the top before I turned the broil on.

I served this dish with some steamed asparagus and wild rice. It was Delicious and husband-approved!

No comments:

Post a Comment